Wesley B. Nugent
Professional TechnologistWes has been with the West Virginia University Extension Service since February 2000, using his skills and talents as a professional technologist and web developer to help faculty and staff publish websites and use the Internet to connect with their audiences to market their programs, events, and services.
Wes has a long affinity for service to his community, profession, and passions. Nugent currently serves as Third Ward Representative on the Morgantown City Council, a position to which he was first elected in 2011 and re-elected in 2013 and again in 2015. Nugent was named Outstanding Public Official of 2012 by Main Street Morgantown.
Nugent is also Past-President of the Wiles Hill-Highland Park Neighborhood Association. In 2008, he was named Outstanding Alumnus by the WVU Alumni Band, an organization which he has chaired as President nearly six years. Along with his Extension colleagues, Wes received awards for Extension communications projects from the Association for Communication Excellence in 2008, 2006, 2005 and 2004. Nugent is a 2004 graduate of Leadership West Virginia. In 2001, he was presented an Award of Excellence by the Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society for having implemented the society’s first website in the mid-1990s.
Wes is a 1999 graduate of West Virginia University, where he received his bachelor of arts degree, cum laude, in International Studies. Wes attributes his professional passions to the multidisciplinary nature of his degree program and a strong interest in life-long learning.
Wes and his wife, Keri, have one son, Joseph. Nugent considers his dog Iggy – a West Highland Terrier – as a family member also.
Areas of Support
As professional technologist with the WVU Extension Service, Wes is responsible for:
- Managing WVU Extension’s various internal and external Websites and domain names;
- Consulting and planning with faculty and staff interested in developing new Websites;
- Researching and consulting with faculty and staff on emerging technologies, Web-based innovations and opportunities, best practices and guidelines;
- Assisting and training faculty and staff with WVU Web systems, including slate, WebAdmin and eCampus;
- Assisting faculty and staff with WVU’s e-commerce system and Web data integration;
- Other duties as assigned.
Wesley B. Nugent
510 Knapp Hall
Morgantown, WV 26506-6031