Features for Strengthening Families
About These Articles
Again this year, Strengthening Families team members invite all faculty and staff to “Celebrate Families” during November and during National Family Week, which will be celebrated Nov. 22-28 (www.nationalfamilyweek.org). The articles below, developed for previous observances, have not been used in every community and are still valuable resources before, during, and after the celebration.
The team encourages you to publish the articles to remind families of the educational opportunities available through their county office of the WVU Extension Service. Please adapt the articles to complement your local programs and media opportunities.
- Family Meals Deliver Multiple Benefits to Kids, Parents
- Control Their Weight: Involve Your Family in Healthy Mealtimes
- Time-saving Tips Create Nutritious, Time-for-us Family Meals
- Create Healthy Boundaries to Create Healthy (Happy) Family Mealtimes
- What are Kids Learning at the Dinner Table?
- Eating Together: Let’s Reclaim Family Mealtime!
- Smart Snacks Won’t Spoil Family Meals
- Eat Together: Conversations Feed Bonds at Family Meals
- Hassle-free Meals Make Family Mealtime Conversations Easier
- Keep Selecting, Giving Family Members Priceless Gift: Quality Time
- Work Together to Solve Family Problems and Conflicts
- Communication Skills Build Strong Families: Be Attentive, Positive
- Connections with Other Adults Strengthen Family for Parents, Youths
- Dealing with Disrespect? Help Children Learn to Be Respectful